Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program
The Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) assists qualifying low-income individuals with keeping telephone services affordable by lowering monthly service rates. Individuals can qualify for NTAP by participating in Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Children’s Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veterans Pension Benefit/Survivors Pension Benefit, Federal Public Housing, or if household income is at or below 135 percent of the poverty level.
What is NTAP?
NTAP assists qualifying low-income individuals with obtaining and keeping telephone service by lowering monthly service.
- NTAP reduces the cost of local phone service by up to $12.75 per month on one landline/wireless phone bill or provides minutes to your eligible cellular phone service. Some telephone companies do not participate with this program. The discount will appear as a credit on your monthly telephone bill or minutes will be uploaded to your account. Prepaid accounts do not qualify. No cash or checks will be distributed. The telephone bill must be in the name of, or contain the name of, the applicant.
Who is eligible for NTAP?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Childrens Health Insurance Programs (CHIP)
- Veterans Pension Benefit/Survivors Pension Benefit
- Income at or below 135% of poverty level
How do I apply or receive an application?
To receive an application form:
Call the Nebraska Public Service Commission at: (402) 471-3101 (Lincoln); (800) 526-0017 (Nebraska Only),
Mail request to:
PO Box 94927
Lincoln, NE 68509-4927
To Print off an application form - Click Here
When you have filled out the application, mail COMPLETED application form to:
- PO BOX 94927
- Lincoln, NE 68509-4927
Phone Companies that currently Participate in the Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program
Duplicate Household Worksheet